Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: If Cajuns rule the world!! slightly non amc!

From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxx>
Date: 2004/06/30 Wed PM 06:07:14 EDT
To: <BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: If Cajuns rule the world!! slightly non amc!

LOL Eddie your a trip man :) and Gris Gris is like Voodoo or somthing see i was only in New Orleans for 8 months,then i moved to Scotland,stayed there for 2 years,then Conneticut for a year and them moved to Ft.Pierce Fl and have been here for over 25 years Ma and Paw were in the US Navy we went from base to base and Fl was the last stop as me father ws dicharged'honorably'.
Bart
You don't eat crawdads if their tails stick straight out! I learned that
years ago from good trailer park livin, crawdad sucking, gumbo swilling,
alligator wrassling, LSU cheering, swamp stalkin, hurricane drinkin, bead
throwin, float ridin, nutria cookin (they eat those over there, supposed to
be good meat, wished they would come get them out of the ditches near my
house!) where was I, oh, Saints flopping in playoffs lovin, moss growin,
jambalaha snuffing, buddy Jimmi Patin (pronounced Pah-teen) who taught me
that years ago. Jimmi owned a pristine 69 BBB AMX until he sold it a few
years ago, I should have bought it for $5000 but no room nor $$$. When Jimmi
speaks, you have a meal, as all you have to do is get out the chipstillas
and wipe off what slides down off the side of his mouth when speaking, all
sorts of good stuff, just splash on some Tabasco and you have a good meal,
more food on his shirt, big AMCer about 400 lbs who loves to cook. Good
cajun fella who has probably lost more money betting on the Saints (the
ain'ts) than I have spend on all 292 AMCs I have owned combined.

As for Nutria, man, they are RODENTS, big ones at that:
http://www.chesapeakebay.net/images/nutria.jpg
"Nutria (Myocastor coypus) are semi-aquatic rodents native to South America,
which now also occupy brackish water marshes in parts of Maryland, Virginia
and Delaware. The rodents were first introduced to the United States to
enhance the fur trade, and arrived in Dorchester County, Maryland in 1943 as
part of an experimental fur station. The station did not succeed and the
nutria that were inadvertently released to the wild produced the major
populations that exist today in the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
Nutria grow to a length of about two feet and weigh about 15 to 20 pounds.
The beaver-like nutria have large yellow incisors and enormous appetites.
They forage on the essential root mats of wetland grasses. The destruction
of these root mats, also called an "eat-out," destabilizes soil, which leads
to erosion of vital wetland areas. Female nutria reproduce throughout the
year, often giving birth to three litters annually. Adult nutria have few
competitors and often out-compete the native muskrat by aggressive behavior
and habitat requirements"

http://home.teleport.com/~hotaru/nutria/photos.html

But supposed to be good eating, but you add enough Creole or Cajun fixings
to it everything tastes great, no one needs to know what is in the cookin
pot anyhows. How do you think fat boy Paul Prudohomme got so rich? My guess
is nutrias. Just like Swap Meet Sausage. Everyone here loves it, me too, but
what the hell is IN it? Is it meat? Bondo? Granny's possum? Sure is good
though!

Not sure what gris gris is, but my guess it could be cured by pennicillin...
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com
*Note volume of email is
extremely heavy, expect