Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fastener Info. Needed

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fastener Info. Needed

I believe that would be 1/4-20 bolt 3/4" long.
 Davis
amc74hornet <AMC74HORNET@xxxx> wrote:
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" wrote:
> Okay, so I have misplaced my valve cover bolts....can someone please
> tell me what size I need to buy to replace them? I looked through my
> TSMs and it does not specify size. Engine: 360 V8, stock valve
> covers. Thanks! -Lu-

I believe they are 1/4" X 3/4" USS thread (course) If you lost the bolts you also lost the funny pie shaped flat washers that go under the valve cover bolts that distributes the pressure a little more evenly than plain round flat washers. They are available in different configurations at your local auto parts store. I had to pick up some for my friend when we were putting the new motor in his AMX.
"Doc"

or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used