Re: year of manufacturer license plates

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike Hathaway" <amcman2000@xxxx> wrote:
> All-Here in Washington state, 'Collector Car' plates cost $42.
> Period. Nothing else to buy, never needs renewing, don't have to pass
> emmissions. No 'daily-driver' stipulation. The only requirement is
> that the car has to be current on normal registration at the time you
> change over, has to be at least 30 years old, and can only be
> driven 'minimum' mileage. But nobody knows what that means. So I have
> my 68 and 69 Javelin, 68 and 73 Ranchero, and when my two AMXs come
> due, all with plates on them. The state also allows a car that is
> eligible for these plates to run the normal plates but to have the
> registration tab sticker reflect the year of the car (ie-1968), or to
> run the the old plates with the year stamped in the plate (ie-1937).
> Also, the plates are only for the rear, none for the front. But as
> for insurance, there is no stipulation. I carry normal Geico coverage
> on my AMX. -
> Mike
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> > I don't have historical plates on my 2 Hornet's but have classic
> > insurance which has some restrictions. I am required by the classic
> > insurance company to have another car as a daily driver that's what
> > have my 77 Malibu for and use it as a winter beater. I had to
> search for
> > a classic insurance company because most of them said that my
> Malibu was
> > to old and was a classic itself. Taylor was the first one to refuse
> me.
> > I finally found a company that in the last 7 years has been bought
> out
> > twice and is now owned by Hagerty, so whatever their rules are I am
> > already grand fathered in. Both cars cost me about 130$ a year for
> > insurance. 55$ a car for license plates for 2 years and 10$ a year
> for
> > each car for a safety inspection, no emissions inspection on any car
> > over 25 years old so even my Malibu doesn't get an emissions test.
> > Besides my friend is an inspector so inspections are not a problem
> for
> > me.
> > "Doc"

On the insurance issiue with me and the classic insurance I have full coverage, fire, theft, comp, with a 10,000$ replacement on the yellow car and 6,000$ on the orange car for 130$ a year. Regular insurance companys don't want to know anything but liability for old cars here in New York. I have my regular car insurance through the AARP with "The Hartford" and figured that there would be a fairly big market with older people owning classic cars but they said that they didn't have a program in N.Y. as there was very little demand so no program.
"Doc"