New Springs Installed

I picked up the orange car from my friends shop yesterrday. The price for shipping the springs from ESPO to my friends shop was only 21$. I thought that was cheap. I had 2 prices for the installation, one for 150$ and the other for 300$. My friends shop is 6 blocks from where I live and he has been doing work on my cars since 1978 the year he got out of high school at what was then his fathers shop. He does quality work. He really dosent do rear springs but since the car is so rust free and I had all new parts he did it. We split the difference of the 2 prices and it cost me 225$ for the installation. The car sits a touch higher in the rear now but I know it will settle. It sure looks a lot better without them long spring shackles and reversed arched springs sticking out of the bottom of the car. I took it for a drive and it sure handles a lot better with the new springs and new gas shocks. I stopped and visited my mother in the nurseing home, took my AMC friend out to lunch and was home at 1pm. I adjusted the glass in the drivers door and lubed up all the locks and regulators in both doors. Nice to have the spring job done and the little things like the windows working properly done. Next monday the yellow car goes to my friends shop for a new power steering pump.
"Doc"