Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: V8 Adapter Plate For 6 Cyl. Crossmember

From: "Simms" <MrSimms7@xxxx>
Date: 2004/06/02 Wed AM 09:36:30 EDT
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: V8 Adapter Plate For 6 Cyl. Crossmember

aww man I deleted thos pics and added your GAD 3 pics simms damn if you still have those pics please feel free to post them i'm sorry for deleting those certain pics
Bart
heres some food for thought...

when I swapped my 258 for a 360 I used the mounts that were on the
360...which came out of a CJ...I cut the studs off of the
mount...bolted them to the block, bolted up the trans...and set it on
the x-member...then I leveled the motor...marked the center holes in
the x-member on the mounts...pulled them off and drilled a 3/8" hole
though them...ran to the ACE and got some 3/8" x 3.5" Grade 8
bolts...knocked them though the rubber in the mounts...put a nut on
the back side and used an impact to run'em down...never had a single
problem outta them...and people still don't believe it was like
that...

if you look in the pics section my car is in there...Bart put up pics
of the motor and some of it in the car...that is how both of those
motors were in the car...and I ran it into the 13.80's that way...

the only reason why I changed was cause I was swappin motors so much
and I wanted to see the difference from how I had it to how it was
supposed to be...