Package Tray Assembled

I tried to rivet the package tray together yesterday and it didn't work even useing washers on the rivets. I got out a piece of 3/4" X 1/8" aluminum and cut me two 4" strips, marked them to match the 2 holes that the rivets went into an each end of the package tray and used chrome self tapping interior screws with chrome washers to screw the works together with the chrome screw head and washer showing on top and the aluminum strip underneath out of site. I was going to paint the screw's and washers black to match the package tray but the chrome looks factory, so it stays. This is not a restoration, but a mildly customized interior.
"Doc"