16 inch wheels on Gremlin

 I was looking back at some of the messages and noticed some about
wheels. Has any one tried 16 or 17 inch wheels? I have some 16x8
with 4" back spacing, I tried then on the back and they looked like
they would work. I did not have any tires on them to try for
clearance. These wheels are Centerline billet stars. Thanks for any
help-SCOTT