Re: Low Budget Stainless Trim Polishing Tips

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 5/20/2004 4:48:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
> AMC74HORNET@xxxx writes:
> I don't know how but the stainless trim around the rear window was scratched
> like it had been hit with 80# sandpaper in spot's.
> Doc
>
> Is it possible that the scratches happened when you had the Hornet detailed?
> If an electric buffer was used, the tip of the spindle may have hit the
> stainless trim. I've accidentally put scratches in the paint on the wife's Impala
> before I realized I had even done it.
>
> Rick

The scratches were in the stainless when I bought the car. The rear glass was loose and leaking from the previous owner putting his son's go kart in the back, the hatch wouldn't close and he let the hatch glass rest on the steering wheel. I don't know how he didn't scratch or break the glass. It was sealed up with a ton of silicone seal and duct tape. I noticed the scratches after I removed the tape and took it to the glass shop to be repaired. Weather permitting I will finish polishing it out today.
"Doc"