Re: Fuel tank

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> I had already thought about the rubber. You should be able to tell by the
> photo that the straps don't fit real tight against the tank. I've cut rubber
> strips already and I'll glue them to the metal straps after they are painted.
>
> As far as the sending unit goes, I will more than likely pull the one out of
> the 73 parts car to use in the new tank. It would be great if it works but if
> it doesn't........oh well! That's why I plan to put two fuel pickups in the
> tank. At least I would have a reserve.
>
> Rick

I see your already ahead of me. When I saw the straps not fitting tight is the reason I suggested the rubber. I even put rubber on stock gas tank straps if I remove the tank.
Senders are available from Kennedy American but are pricy at 89$. I have a NOS one I got from them that I will put in my new Hornet as the gauge dosen't work.Are you going to have a valve or switch to change to the reserve pickup. The old VW's from the 50's and maybe the early 60's did not have a gas gauge. they had a small reserve and when the engine started to die you flipped a lever on the froor for the reserve.
"Doc"