Re: Bought 3 new vehicles...go-karts!! Ok, 2 and a half... :D

Re: Bought 3 new vehicles...go-karts!! Ok, 2 and a half... :D

 Well, I finally fulfilled a childhood dream, sort
of...I found an Ebay auction for FOUR go-karts about 6
weeks ago, they didnt' sell, only a few miles from me
in VA, so I got in contact with the guy. Today, I went
by to check out his "project" carts...whew! Yup,
they're projects! I didn't buy the "politically
correct" one with roll cage, but I bought the 3 older
open Karts. One is numbered 6 for Mark Martin. :)
Anyway, $175 for all 3, one has super-swamper tires on
the back, and paddle tire braking, has all 4 wheels.
The other two are standard carts, one is strictly
bare-bones frame with motor, the other a rolling
chassis. I may get 2 out of the 3 working with a few
necessary parts. Guy threw in 3 good extra tires,and a
smoking but running motor as well.
One of the things I'd like to do is make a Gremlin
go-kart out of one, since I can't find one under
$1,000 anywhere. I'll probably make a wooden body,
then fiberglass over it and paint it. Again, knowing
me, this will be an extremely LONG term project, LOL!
But, at least I now OWN a few to tinker with! I am
excited just to OWN a supposed go-kart. I probably
should have saved a few hundred more, and bought a
running one, but I like to tinker. I can't help it. Oh
well. One more thing(s) to add to my growing " will do
it eventually" list. LOL. Later, folks.

Jerry