Pro Glass windows

Hi all........

The windows for the Gremlin arrived yesterday. Pro Glass did a great job. Each piece is an exactly the same shape and size. Since I'm on vacationnext week I'll be working to cut them down to fit. I'll start by cutting about five inches (maybe less) from the top of the door pieces and graduallytake them down from there. I'd hate to cut too much off. I'll treat it like doing metal work...........measure twice, cut once.

 I've held off getting the doors into primer to make sure I could install the window without having to cut the frame. I foundout last night that the installation will be no problem. A friend of mine came over last night and while he was here we actually slid a full size piece into the door. It went in with room to spare so I know I won'thave to cut and reweld the frame. As Doc says.........say Amen and AMC.

Ya'll remember the plastic/vinyl pieces I was trying to repair? Come to find out, a co-worker had access to a plactic welder and he fixed them upfor me. I have already sanded them with 80-grit to smooth out the repair. I'll need to apply a some spot putty before I'm done so I put a little on the back side to test it for adherence. It will work just fine. Today, I'll put the two piece in the sand blasting cabinet and roughen up the low spots and then I'll apply the putty.

When I looked at the repair from the plastic welder, I decided to try something on a cracked kick panel. The very bottom edge near a mounting hole had cracked so I clamped the piece down and ran a heated soldering iron tip along the back side of the crack. It worked great. After I was done I sprayed both kick panels down with Super Clean and scrubbed them with a stiff brush. They look so good now I don't think I'll even bother to paint them.

I also went and picked up the pieces for my fuel tank. I have some measuring to do and then I'll bring the biggest piece back to the shop so the can put it in a sheetmetal brake and bend it to the propper shape. Maybe I'll have a gas tank by the end of the week.

Ya'll have a good weekend.........

Rick