Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Part Needed

Thanks Hal. Usually the only things I have found that go wrong with a
Gremlin/Hornet window regulator id the roller goes bad or the top 3-5
teeth in the regulator strip. Like I said the later window regulators
are riveted in and have a different size roller so you need the roller
track which is bolted in. Also the stop for the window may be different.
Believe it or not but I have a 79 Concord 4 door window regulator in my
yellow 74 Hornet 2 door. All I needed was the above mentioned bolt in
track and I brazed four 1/4" USS nuts to it to bolt it in. It may look
different but it works. I wouldn't have believed it but since I did it I
know it works. The only other thing I did was leave out the stock 74
window stop. I have the pass side regulator from the Concord so if I
can't find the regulator I may hve a welder friend weld in a portion of
the regualtor gear for me to make the window work propperly.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
Doc,
Check with me on Monday as my buddy and I are going to a yard w/Gremlins and such on Saturday and I will try o get a couple inexpensively for us as my Gremlin's drivers side has a "roll-up" problem that seems unfixable by this mortal. And Eddie do you need any parts you have not told Mike Lakin about??
Oh yes, Great news that Lady Justice did smile upon both of you( Doc & Eddie).
Hal

amc74hornet <AMC74HORNET@xxxx> wrote:
Anybody got a drivers side window regulator for a 2 door 74 Hornet/Gremlin? I need one for the Yellow car. Later years will fit but it will also have to come with the small 4 inch long metal track that bolts to the inside of the door. Some time in the mid 70's they changed the diameter of the plastic roller on the regulator that fits the track and you have to have the propper track for that regulator. Also the later ones were riveted in but can be used in the earlier car by welding 1/4" USS nuts to the regulator and bolting it in.
"Doc"