Re: [BaadAssGremlins] can my driveshaft handle the 401? & How to tell wh

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] can my driveshaft handle the 401? & How to tell what tranny I have.

From: "deezildennis" <dsinks@xxxx>
Date: 2004/05/03 Mon AM 12:10:42 EDT
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] can my driveshaft handle the 401? & How to tell what tranny I have.

Yes it can,my friend Todd ran a stock driveshaft from a 70 AMX an ifnally twisted the shit out of it running a 9.64 all motor so your driveshaft will be ok and you had a factory 304 right?i thought the 904 or 998 was behind those?
Bart
specs on the engine. Stock rebuild with summit tamer grind cam,
torker intake and undecided carb, either e 650 carter or a 750 holley
I havent yet decided.

Anyway, will the stock driveshaft handle it? Or do I need to start
looking to get one made?

Also I pulled the tranny this weekend and i am trying to find out if
its a 904 or a 998.

Its a stock v8 tranny.