Re: springs

Mark,
Thanks! What I am trying to do is find out how much (if any)
difference there is in the 6 cyl. springs vs. the V8 ones. I have a
set of each, the V8 springs coming out of a Matador. The only
difference will be spring height, as the springs have the same number
of coils and the wire is the same diameter. I spoke to someone on the
phone and they wanted me to believe that AMC used many different
springs...basically a different spring for each vehicle. From a
production stand point, that isn't feasible. I would think (perhaps
with the exception of the Jeep line) that AMC tried to standardized
parts on their cars to save on cost. I just want to prove/disprove
this theory (and possibly save myself the trouble of changing out
springs).
As far as load goes, the Matador had power steering, A/C, & cruise
control on the V8 which I will not be using in the Gremlin. The
Gremlin originally had A/C with the I6. So the loads will be
different because of these factor changes. Where's my Math book? -Lu-