GREAT Carlisle day ; mid-'70's, 3 wagons spotted, deals galore, amore...

GREAT Carlisle day ; mid-'70's, 3 wagons spotted, deals galore, amore...

 It all started at 4 am, getting on the road,
hooking up with my friend Tim, and finally arriving at
the Carlisle back gate #7 for another day's adventure
junk-diving for bargains and special items. Tim and I
first did some looking, when I spent $90 in the first
hour alone! LOL. I found a '70 AMX MPG model kit,
called Lightning Bolt, and paid $60 for it, and also
bought 30 worth of AMC stickers from the Jim Osborne
booth, same guy who sold me the AMX model. We then
hooked up with Steve from NJ at 8:30, then we went
a'huntin' for more bargains. We found a regular AMC
vendor who had a NICE '77 Hornet AMX with 360, Ram-air
option, and the hood looked like was factory
underneath, the lines and bends all matched up...was
this some sort of option??? Also had a full-size AMC
wagon there, '72? I bought some Gremlin glove box
parts and a sun visor, Tim bought some black Hornet
hatchback interior pieces as spares. Oh, yeah, I also
bought a Hornet hood center emblem, and a steering
wheel center bee emblem. Both for $1 each, the hood
emblem was in sad shape, the horn emblem decent.
We then went back to Tim's nice '74 Hornet
hatchback to unload our treasures, and show the car to
our AMC friend Steve. Then, back to the hunt! We
walked some aisles, Jay and his buddy John found a
literature seller with water-damaged stuff, I bought
33 of them, I think 25 AMC, all for $1 each ( got some
'70 AMX, 70 Javelin, '71 AMX , misc Gremlin, old
Rambler stuff. ) Not bad! The deals continued, I
bought more AMC Odd Rod stickers, a center cap, some
post cards, a bunch of AMC customized keys and fobs,
whew! Lost track of time, and before I knew it, it was
1:30 pm! Didn't go back to the Grandstands to meet any
other AMC folk who might have showed up. Went back to
the AMC vendor with the Hornet AMX, and my club member
Dave showed up there, too, said "where were ya at
noon???" OOPS! Sorry, Dave! Breaking in a couple of
newbies to Carlisle,just lost all track of time! LOL.
BOth were wide-eyed and enjoying themselves immensely.
Fun to show them the ropes of Carlisle, finally. :)
We finally sat down to lunch around 2:30, then
around 3:30 we did some more shopping ( I got 2 ads,
both for Amos Johnson driving a Levi's racing Gremlin,
never heard of him before now, nor seen any ads
relating to that Gremlin ), then sight-seeing in the
Car Corral area til 5:30 pm. WOW, the day went
QUICKLY! Too quickly, we barely scratched the surface.
Well, Tim already wants to do TWO days next year, LOL.
We'll see.
Saw two other old Rambler wagons, a '64 in the car
corral area for sale, $2,995, and another one, a '63 I
think , selling parts off it's hood in the vendor
area. I got pics of both of them. :) Film, not
digital. Not many other AMC cars there, did spot a
hump-Javelin near the grandstand area for sale.
Didnt' stop, though.
Tired, we finally retreated to our cars, settled up
our interpersonal debts and Jay and I exchanged AMC
"gifts" we'd saved up for each other ( Thanks for the
project Hotwheels AMX, Jay!). All in all, an enjoyable
day with weather cooperating and hanging out with AMC
buddies. Thanks for coming down, Steve! Glad to meet
ya. Jay and John, hope to see ya again soon! Tim, lets
get our butts HOME, we're tired. LOL. 9:30 pm and I'm
finally home. Heading for bed after I hit
"send"...g'night!

Jerry, somewhat burnt ( on the skin, not the wallet ),
tired, and ready for a good night's rest.