Family Core Group

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> Until it happens, no one knows what it's like to suffer through those days. I
> had a pet dog put down several years ago and I cried like a child. I never
> imagined that I would react like that.Best wishes for you and the family.
>
> I don't know that you will remember, but we have also met. While visiting the
> Nationals in Houston, I approached you at your swap meet booth, shook your
> hand and said "Thanks".You had a puzzled look on your face and asked, why? I
> then thanked you for the work I know you had put into the event bringing it to
> Houston.
>
> As far as this "family" goes, I have noticed our communications are limited
> to a core group of us. I have often wondered if there is anything we can do to
> draw other members into the discussions. The success of any group is
> involvement.
>
> Any suggestions out there?
>
> Rick

It seems that the so called core group are actively working on a project or projects that is the reason for their obvious active participation with the exchange of parts and knowledge and so on. Other people have finished cars or have different things going on and only work on their cars on a limited basis. It seems when one person asks a question there are always 2-3 people that have a solution. I alway's say ask and you shall recieve. It takes a long time to build up a good group. A few of the model groups I belong to and one I a moderator of took 2-3 years for the right people to join and become a family not just a group. The sucessfull groups become family. Some never do. The AMX Files is a prime example of a sucessful large group but there are a lot of egoes there and a lot of infighting. There is almost no intervention by the moderator there unless an all out war breaks out. That was one of the reasons I joined this group last fall and then found out I had bought models from Bart and knew he was a square dude. The other reason I joined was because it covered the forgotten main stay of AMC, Gremlins, Hornets, Concords & Spirits. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. You can invite people but not make them participate. My 2 cents.
"Doc"