Re: Good AMC Day Today

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> Sounds like I am not the only one with 'stuff that is rusted
> tight'. :*)
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc74hornet"
> <AMC74HORNET@xxxx> wrote:
> Yesterday I spent 1 1/2 hours beating and banging on the frozen heat
> rizer valve and only got it to move a millimeter. Soaked the crap out
> of it with blaster and worked it with a small hammer that my son made
> for me 10 years ago in metal shop class. The heat rizer was rusted
> stuck big time. Today at 1:00 pm I went and installed the new fuel
> pump in 15 min.. That was good for me. I spent the next 1 1/2 hours
> beating and banging and soaking the heat rizer with Blaster I finally
> got it free. Tomorrow I will complete freeing it up weather
> permitting.
> > "Doc"

This heat rizer was a real pain to free up. It had to have been frozen for years. Like I said when I got this car it had been neglected for the whole 4 years the previous owner had it and he was a so called professional mechanic. There was barely enough room to get a medium sized vice grip with a needle nose tip on the counter weight after beating it and soaking it with Blaster. I never had to free the one up in the other car as checking it was part of normal maintainance for me. Oh well one less item on my list of things to repair.
"Doc"