Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Hey Bart

From: "amc74hornet" <AMC74HORNET@xxxx>
Date: 2004/04/17 Sat AM 08:42:53 EDT
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Hey Bart

Frank Swygert a well known and well respected AMCer yelled at me for the Colonel Klink post :( whoops :/
Bart
I saw your reply to the Evil/Bay post on the AMX Files, and also the Cornel Kink one too. You are exactly right about rip off shipping charges by people. I didn't want to reply on there about my mirror fiasco a few months back since it involved 2 members one honest and the other one tried to rip me off on shipping. I actually only really wanted just a pass side mirror. I bought a set from a guy in canada for 25$ and it was 13$ for shipping with insurance. One glass got broken and I got 22$ back for that and it cost me 15$ to have a new glass made. I was happy and got 2 nice driver quality chrome mirrors. I was offered one mirror from a guy in California for 25$. He said send me your zip code and I will find out the shipping. Turns out he wanted 19$ for shipping. Now one mirror dosent weigh more than a model car and it fits in the same size box. I ship models all over the country priority mail and it costs 3.85$ and 1.30 for insurance up to 50$ And the priority mail boxes are free.So how does this fool get 19$ for shipping? I was going to buy the single mirror so I would have an extra pair bit not for 44$ for one mirror.    "Doc"