Re: Esnipe and outside-of-auction sales...

Re: Esnipe and outside-of-auction sales...

Subject: eSnipe

I> I had no idea that there was actually a service >
offered to people wanting to 'snipe' auctions!

Jerry replies " Me, either! I could use that myself!
LOL! "

> I find it interesting that a seller stated that he
> was bombarded by 50+ angry emails (by bidders
> admitting to using eSnipe) after he ended the
> auction 20 minutes early because there were no
bids.

Jerry replies " I find it interesting, unless you
have another off-auction buyer, why would you want to
end an auction early like that, after you've waited 6
days and 23.7 hours?? What's 20 minutes more? I wait
until the end on some, bid with 7 days left on others.
All depends on the price, etc. Seems premature to me.
I always let my own auctions run the full time when
I'm selling, and I always start the item at the
minimum price I"m willing to sell at if there's only
one bid on it. "

Also, regarding the outside-of-Ebay buyers, isnt'
that illegal, or has Ebay changed their policy, or is
this something I'm not aware of? What's the deal,
Eddie? I thought once you listed something with Ebay,
it was in the auction, and no outside non-Ebay buyer
could claim it if ANY bids were on the item. I can see
if there are no bids, and you can retract the item
early due to that, but if you have any bids, then you
can't yank it, can you? Enlighten me, sir.

Jerry