Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re : Open Fire $178...

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re : Open Fire $178...

Jerry is correst, some colors are a lot more desirable and rarer and command
more money. The Open Fire Gremlin was produced in Hong Kong, but some were
made in the US also. I mentioned in another post that production moved to
Hong Kong, but I should have elaborated they were made in both. A few years
later cars would be made in Malaysia too. Here are the colors available for
the 1972 release of Open Fire Gremlin; there was 13 colors, and ALL ARE
METALLIC....
Orange, Green, Olive, Blue, Red, Brown, Gold, Lavender, Lime, Purple, Aqua,
Light Blue and Magenta. As Jerry mentions, the Blue and Magenta were
difficult to find THEN and are premium NOW. Also extremely dificult to find
were red, purple and aqua, and to a lesser extent, lavender. To me at least,
any colro is worth having.

I have all the 1969 Hot Wheels Custom AMXs except Magenta. I missed one on
ebay when I was sniped last year, my bid was $155 and some clown went $160,
I went $175 and he went $190 and well, I have dial up and I could have
probebly driven to New York and PAID the seller in person faster than my
dial up could have rehit that bid. Oh well, curses, foiled again.
Eddie stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com