Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Torque Converters, Shift Kits, & Money...Oh My

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Torque Converters, Shift Kits, & Money...Oh My!

Bad move on putting a torch to springs, that was an unsafe method of
lowering a car when they did it in the 50's and is definately a No No
today. Cutting a couple of coils to lower it will have no effect on the
spring rate annd it will still ride like a stone. Also there is no
proper mounting surface for the cut end of the spring to sit. Don't
rush, save your money do it right the first time and you won't be sorry.
Just my 2 cent's and 35+ years of experience speaknig here.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- What is it to you what I do with my old 232 engine? I didn't hear a
clamor of people screaming for it. I may as well trade something that
I need for it as I was planning on giving the dam thing away for free.
I can use the Matador springs to support the 360. If they are too
tall, an acetylene torch will fix that.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Simms" <MrSimms7@xxxx> wrote:
> a 232 for front springs?!...man...I wish I was the yard
owner...what in the HE!! are you gonna do w/ front Mat. springs?!

> ohhh wait...n/m...I remember now...mah bad...

--- End Message ---