Torque Converter Question

I am soliciting opinions as to what is the 'best' torque converter to
use behind a 360 V8 w/a 727 auto trans. Now, bear in mind
price...none of the $250+ stuff, please...an affordable one
(ie < $200) that is perhaps lighter than the original would be great.
Any such animals available? Or is it even necessary to replace the
original? -Lu-