Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Cleanin Parts...how fun

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Cleanin Parts...how fun

jsteph22 <jsteph22@xxxx> wrote:

Isky is a well known company indeed, ran isky cams in a C/MP Ford (66
Fairlane 427 side oiler) in the late 60's. I don't know about their
modern hydraulic cams, but high lift and high spring pressures on the
old solid lifter grinds wore the hell out of the cam lobes. Cam
wouldn't last a whole race season. Crane or Engle cams worked best
for me for race applications. At least they lasted all year.

Crane tech service offers a cam select program where you feed them
the information for the performance level you want to achieve and
they will make a pretty solid recomendation. They take all aspects
into consideration, gear ratios,tire size, engine mods, power accys.
especially brakes, and other real world items to make your ride
perform efficiently and safely.

 I must dissagree with you. I called Crane and Summit and about 4 other cam company tech lines to help me pic a cam. Crane did not ask me the right questions like what compression? where my heads ported? What were the flow #'s ? what size tire? what gear? what tranny? what stall converter? and the biggie how would you like your car to perform? Isky asked all and then soome. The other cam companies seemed like cause I was an amc I was not worth the time. They offered off the shelf cams that didn't fit my application. Isky was the only one that offered me a custom cam cause what I needed wasn't available.

 I can not comment about the performance or longevity but if they made a cam that wouldn't last a year I would think they wouldn't be in business long.

 Davis
iaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx>
wrote:
> I would highly reccommend Isky cams for your cam shaft. They custom
ground me a cam for 140.00 bucks including shipping. Got my lifters
from summit for 43 bucks. If you call them with your specs the will
make sure you get exactally the cam you need. I was impressed with
their tech support.