Today's Dash Work

Been a cold damp rainy day here, glad I don't have to work in it any more. I finished sanding the pass side of the dash with 400# sandpaper. I still have a little bit of re-enforcement work to do on the back of it tomorrow. I did however make a jig out of 3/4 wooden balister to hold it up in the position as if it was mounted in the car so I could start working on the top of it. Tests appear to show the top section was never painted, that's a plus for me. I cleaned the top with a windex type cleaner. It appears to have a whiteish stain on each end and some spots of what appears to be brown paint splatter. Now that I have it cleaned and sitting in the jig I will scrub the complete top down with a plastic model paint stripper called Polly'S. This should clean anything off the plastic before I start painting the top with the SEM's plastic sand free prep and then the black SEM's and the final coat of semi gloss SEM's. I better get on the stick here as of right now I figure I am 7-10 days behind on finishing the dash for a mid April installation.
"Doc"