Re: Main Dash Frame Work

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc74hornet" <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
> I will spend all this week sanding and prepping the dash frame for paint. Tuesday night it is supposed to start raining and will last 3-4 days. It would be nice to have a nice weekend to start painting it. The one crack is fixed, the 2 warped areas are repaired. I had a minor problem where I had to glued the 3/4"X 3/4" plexiglass to the underside of the top of the dash to cure the warp. The center screw of the 3 screws on each side of the dash the holds the crash pad would not clear the plexi so I spent some time notching it out and didn't have to remove as much material as I thought I would have to so an additional piece of plexi to strenghten it is not needed. I love them small cheap battery powered Sears dremils for this kind of work. One last thing I have to check for clearance is the tac against the defroster duct in the top of the dash. This tac sits 1/4 inch deeper than the one in the other car so I my have to mdify the duct slightly for clearance.
> "Doc"

4-5 hours of on and off sanding all day has shown some good results on the dash frame. I also found 2 minor cracks where the plugs go to cover the glove box mounting bolts. Used plain old Super Glue Gel to repair them. Another 4-6 hours of cleaning and sanding and I should be ready to start the finishing process if the weather will let me. I sure wish I had a dehydrator big enough to bake the whole dash frame in after it is painted. I got to make some jigs tomorrow to mount the kick panels to paint them with some SEM. Luckily they are already black and in mint condition and just need some SEM for a cleanup to match the other new painted pieces.
"Doc"