Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Got the engine to turn over by starter!!!

amc74hornet <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Davis" <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:
>  Yesterday I worked on the 72 and finished pluming the 1/2" fuel
> line. Wired the fuel pump. Installed a new battery. Installed the MSD
> 7AL2 ignition, did some basic wiring so the engine now turns over
> from the key switch and the fuel pump too. Mounted the rebuilt holley
> 650 DP carb. The Tranny dipstick tube won't fit. I am going to get
> some 3/4" heater hose and cut a section out of the tube and replace
> it with the hose and see how that works. I have to be sure to keep it
> the same length so I get an accurate fluid level reading. I really
> need a LOKar unit but they are 60 bucks. I gotta get 2 fuel filters,
> a new one wire alt, mount the pullys and get a belt, also need an
> electric fan. Still gotta mount the tranny cooler and run the cooler
> lines. Need to install my B&M Pro stick reverse pattern shifter. Have
> to fab up and install a drive shaft safety loop. Finish the wiring,
> get and install the frame connectors, install the line lock, get
> fuel...........seems the list never ends!
>  I was grinning ear to ear when we touched the starter wire to the
> battery and the engine started turning over! Man was that ever
> exciting! About another 2 days work and I could have it actually
> running!! Whoo Hoo! I am so close I can taste it,,,,,,,yet I have
> soooo much left to do.
>   Well I gotta bowl this morning then I am off to Bill's to go over
> every nut and bolt on the Amc Team Gremlin and make sure it is ready
> for race day next sunday!

Is there no way of useing a tubeing bender to make the trans dipstick tube clear? But you would still have to recalibrate the length of the stick to give a proper reading. Sounds like you are makeing some serious headway, congrats.
"Doc"

 Thanks Doc,

 It's nice to know that I have encouragemeant from someone. I can nearly taste the track now.

 Davis