Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Dash Resto Work Today

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Dash Resto Work Today

In a message dated 3/27/2004 5:59:57 AM Central Standard Time, amc74hornet@xxxx writes:
Man that car sure had a short life? a 72 parked in 78.
The original owner, Mike Cushen, sold the Gremlin to a friend of his in 1978 and was aquired by me in 1985. Apparently, the new owner felt his plans for the car did not require registration so the title was never transfered. The title was released by the original owner when he signed the back of the title in 1978.

After the car was purchased, the new owner decided to build it for racing.........a quarter mile at a time. Work was done to convert itinto a drag car but it never saw the strip. The dash assembly and steering column had never been removed. The odometer registered between 59 and 60 thousand miles.  I considered myself lucky to find such a rust free Gremlin body (in Michigan) when I got it in 1985.

The weather is absolutely beautiful this morning. I'm going work on the Gremlin.

Rick