Re: Spirit AMX Turbine Wheel Question

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, harold losey <strlcuckoo_46@xxxx> wrote:
> Davis, Good luck on finding some turbos w/o road dings! I'm just trying to find four for my driver Javelin( my Gremlin has pretty rims). By the way anyone on here looking for a '76 Gremlin check out e-bay(classic parts) as there is one listed there I think in Indiana(too far from TX for a day trip)
> Hal
>
> Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:
> I have a set of those. 2 of them have a little road rash on them though. I am hoping some day to come across a couple and have a nice set.
> Davis
>
> harold losey <strlcuckoo_46@xxxx> wrote:
> Spirit AMX had real turbine wheels trying to buy a set from a salvage yard now
>
> amc74hornet <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote: I have never seen a Spirit AMX in the flesh. Are those Turbine Wheels real wheels or fancy hub caps. My new Hornet came with a set of real Aluminum Turbine style wheels with dummy knock off's on them but I can't find a brand name on them anywhere. They sure look nice. I am thinking of detailing them in between the spokes with the same color orange that the body is painted or a charcole gray and polish out the spokes like chrome.
> "Doc"

Why is it always the nice cars that interest you are too far away. When I got screwed out of the Hornet I just bought 4 years ago here locally I was pissed. To add insult to injury the guy went to work at the city garage 8 blocks from where I worked and I drove by it every day and cursed him out in my mind. I looked at cars for the next 4 years and couldn't find one for one reason or another. When he got tired of it 4 years later and I had the chance to buy it I grabbed it. To bad I have to repair 4 years of neglect.
"Doc"