Re: gremlin parts

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert" <bobbyd911@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm new to this group and also new to owninig a Gremlin, as I pickup
> a 76 Gremlin with only 50 some thousand miles over the winter. It is
> in very good shape body wise and runs very well. I had a mechanic
> friend of mine go over it with a fine tooth comb and gave it a
> thumbs up. I can't wiat to take it to cruise nights this summer. But
> alas I am in need of a few parts and thought I would ask the group
> for some assistance. First I am in need of an unbroken grille. mie
> has some cracks and might be repairable but if someone knows where
> to get a good one it would be great. Next it is in need of carpets,
> but all the places i've checked on the net do not sell the cargo
> compartment with the moulded front section. Help with this also
> would be great. then last but not least, I could use a passenger
> side front marker, the one I have the part that holds the bulb in is
> broken. Any help in these matters will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks very much,
> Bob

Welcome to the group Bob. Nice score on a clean low milage car. What part of the country are you in. I'm right outside of N.Y. City and have 2 1974 Hornet Hatchbacks one since it was new, had it 30 years last Feb and the other since last October. Even if you find a good grill don't throw the cracked one away, you might need it later or be able to sell it. I use The Plastic Welding System epoxy for hard plastic repair. You will like it here as there are a great bunch of guys and girls here with a load of know how and a passion for these cars. You will also find out that there are a lot of parts from different years of Hornet's, Gremlin's and Concords that will fit you Gremlin.
"Doc"