Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: of oil filters and airplanes...

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: of oil filters and airplanes...

Hi Jerry
I don?t make it that far east, maybe after I retire
I?ll venture out on some longer trip. I do make it up
to Oshkosh every year. I only miss one year since
1982. My Kitfox has a Corvair engine in it. It is
built with high performance parts, forged pistons,
roller rocker; the rods have been lighten and balance,
etc. I used these parts not so much for the add HP
but more for reliability. I?m getting about 110hp at
2800rpm, which is all I need to get the Kitfox off the
ground. The engine weights in at 218 lbs about the
same as a Rotax 912, and is lighter than a lot of the
Subaru conversions. I have a total of $3800 in this
engine vs. $10,000 plus for a aircraft or Rotax
engine.
I would like to make the AMC show Kenosha, sometime.
I know it is around the same time as Oshkosh, but I
just never seem to make it over there. What are the
dates for the show this year?
Ed