Re: Plastic repair......

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> The pieces I've tried to repair are in the rear corners. Each side has two
> holes to accept the bolts for mounting the hatch shocks. I am trying to fill the
> holes since I won't be using the shocks.
>
> I cut pieces of the same plastic to fill in the holes. Then I used the epoxy
> to glue them in. My concern is that once I primer and paint these pieces is
> that the repairs will come apart.
>
> I had hoped you had success with the same type of plastic. I'll start tring
> other methods. If I find something, I'll let everyone know.
>
> Rick

I did fill a 1/2" hole in the sail panel in the yellow Hornet useing the method I described, since it was a small hole I also cut the filler for the hole out of the sheet model plastic allthough I had to use 2-3 pieces to get the right thickness. I backed the hole with more sheet plastic and used a electric engraver to make the patch look like vinal grain and blend into the rest of the panel. It's been ok for 3-4 years now.
"Doc"