Re: Insanity's Running Rampant Here With Me

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
> Doc, I'd like to see that, never heard of this method. Do you know that a
> majority of new cars sold today do not have a ashtray or lighter in them? If
> you want that 'package' it is commonly called a 'smokers option' and is
> extra. Funny, but my 74 Bricklin never had those either from factory, as it
> was a 'safety car' (SV1).
>
> Speaking of smoking, a number of the cars I have owned thru the years were
> non smoker cars. There is nothing like getting inside a AMC vehicle that has
> never been smoked in. The smell will overwhelm you and take you back to
> another distant time. You can smell the plastics made by AMC's division
> Wheelhorse Products. You can smell the vinyl, leather or couderoy. The
> carpet has a distince smell, especially cut pile. Every steering wheel will
> smell different due to the owner's glands thru the years in their hands
> touching the plastic/rubber/leather. Headliners are a unusual smell on a hot
> summer day.
>
> My 71 Matador 2door with 14K miles is one such car. Sitting inside it is a
> trip back in time due to the various original smells one would have been
> exposed to over 33 years ago.
>
> On the other hand however, you have vehicles that you don't want to smell or
> be near. I had a 68 Javelin with a 10 pound hornet's nest under the back
> seat, as the car had sat up for years. Big, black bumblebees, what a mess,
> that was vile. Or this Hornet AMX below, which one would not want to be near
> after I ate a one pound Taco Bell burrito:
> http://www.planethoustonamx.com/window%20stickers/refried_beans_seat.jpg
>
> No, this was a Chernobyl car. There was talk the other day here about
> 'alternative fuels' this would be one!
> Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX
> www.planethoustonamx.com
> home of the 3pound plate of terminator nachos

I just finished assembling the ash tray. I learned this 40 years ago while building model cars. Any silver paint will rub off on your hand. Spray it with a gloss clear cote and will take the brightness away from it and make it look semi-gloss like galvenized and not rub off on your hand. I could have used a flat clear cote but I like the way it comes out with the gloss. This is the method I used on the edges of the glove box door and the inst. panel edges and bezels. It also dosen't hurt that I have gloss, semi-gloss and flat clear cote in my stock of model paint either, the silver was Plasiicote that I use on my models. The clear model paint has held up just like new in the other Hornet for over 4 years when I used it for this purpose.
"Doc"