Re: Insanity's Running Rampant Here With Me

Re: Insanity's Running Rampant Here With Me

Doc, I'd like to see that, never heard of this method. Do you know that a
majority of new cars sold today do not have a ashtray or lighter in them? If
you want that 'package' it is commonly called a 'smokers option' and is
extra. Funny, but my 74 Bricklin never had those either from factory, as it
was a 'safety car' (SV1).

Speaking of smoking, a number of the cars I have owned thru the years were
non smoker cars. There is nothing like getting inside a AMC vehicle that has
never been smoked in. The smell will overwhelm you and take you back to
another distant time. You can smell the plastics made by AMC's division
Wheelhorse Products. You can smell the vinyl, leather or couderoy. The
carpet has a distince smell, especially cut pile. Every steering wheel will
smell different due to the owner's glands thru the years in their hands
touching the plastic/rubber/leather. Headliners are a unusual smell on a hot
summer day.

My 71 Matador 2door with 14K miles is one such car. Sitting inside it is a
trip back in time due to the various original smells one would have been
exposed to over 33 years ago.

On the other hand however, you have vehicles that you don't want to smell or
be near. I had a 68 Javelin with a 10 pound hornet's nest under the back
seat, as the car had sat up for years. Big, black bumblebees, what a mess,
that was vile. Or this Hornet AMX below, which one would not want to be near
after I ate a one pound Taco Bell burrito:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/window%20stickers/refried_beans_seat.jpg

No, this was a Chernobyl car. There was talk the other day here about
'alternative fuels' this would be one!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
www.planethoustonamx.com
home of the 3pound plate of terminator nachos