More on : AMC books

And everyone should have a copy, (John Conde's AMC Family Album) they are simply invaluable for anyone for a variety of reasons. I use mine for 'spotting' purposes. Granted I know a majority of AMCs by glance. But If there is a 71-73 Matador, or 70-73 Ambassador, or 66-69 Rambler, or just about any pre-67 Rambler, even late model any Spirit or Eagle, I have to check VIN, as many of these cars had subtle changes from year to year, cosmetic like grill, taillights and so on. You put a dozen 71-74 AMXs facing you and noneof you would be able to tell them apart. Myself included and I specialize in them. However, turn them around to look at their booties and everyone can easily pick apart the differences in the 71, 72, 73-74 tailights.

So this book makes a wonderful spotters guide, not to mention it is a historical reference and written by one of the FEW handful living AMC Historians left!

Paul Dwyer has a nice selection of AMC books on his website for reference, it is a incomplete list and not sure how often updated but worth looking at:
http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/amc/biblio.htm

And for those of you looking for one, or would like to see what one looks like, click here:
http://www.motionunlimitedmuseum.com/oneitem.php?itemid=161

Again, if you don't ever buy ANY other AMCrelated book in your life, this is one that no God Fearing, church going, 401 building, crawdad chomping, gumbo swilling, NFL worshipping, boot wearing, trailer park livin, bible thumpin, junkyard scavaging, 6th grade completin, beer swillin, beef jerky chawing, skoal dipping, NASCAR lovin, AMC driving fan should be without.
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com