Re: Prototype Electric gremlin on ebay!!!

Re: Prototype Electric gremlin on ebay!!!

There has been a number of experimetal alternative fuel cars from AMC. I
owned a hybrid 75 Matador that would run on gasoline and propane, bought it
for $250, and sold it for $800 about 7 years ago. Neat car, but nothing
special. There were also electric cars like this. AMC sometimes went in with
developers and research teams to see what was feasible to do, remember some
of these cars were built when you had to wait in 2-4 hours in gas lines, and
even odd license plate days in the 70s, not sure how many of you remember
that crap. But some of these cars, ended up at research facilities like
shell Oil, Texaco, and in my Matador's case, Gulf Oil. Some went to
universities research and development centers like the hydrogen powered
Gremlin from the University of Phoenix in 72(?).

My concern on this vehicle is really simple: whenever you CLAIM something
like 'my car is a one of one made' or 'a real Trans Am or Donohue' or
'prototype' the first words out of my mouth is PROVE IT. Really simple, the
burden of proof is upon you as a owner making claims that this is all that
to prove it. Bring out the paper trail. If this car was a alternative fuel
cell vehicle this should by all means be THE SELLING point of the auction
and emphasis should be put on that, not just words to get people all
excited. A paper trail would be nice. Again, $7K, no way with several cheesy
distant photos, we need close ups of the modifications this car came with
original, we don't care about a new 304, I want to see the electricity.
Where are the cells? Batteries? Charging area? Could it be the seller thinks
this was a electric vehicle because it has a power outlet? My 80 Spirit GT I
sold a few months ago that was a 28,000 mile car had a power outlet in the
front valance. Big deal, it was there as this was a Winnebago car and the
owners could hook it up and charge the system at trailer parks. Not a
prototype! I sold it for $1600, sure wished I still had it, that was a ultra
clean car but could not get anyone to send me the money, had it heavily
advertised for 5 months locally and nationally.

Anyways, my bookie seys the Gremlin won't hit $7000. If he is willing to
provide documentation on this vehicle to it's past history then it would
bring a better price, but like most, I am skeptical as to what it is as
nothing in the auction tells me otherwise, nor shows me otherwise. Good
luck,
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com