"NEW" Forged Rods for all 290-401 engines (PLEASE READ)

"NEW" Forged Rods for all 290-401 engines (PLEASE READ)

Not mine, it is from Nick Alfano ya'll, just passing on the info.
I am looking for interest in a NEW forged rod project that may help out our hobby.  I am working with a company on plans to build a new forged rod for AMC V-8s.  To start, the 70 and up 390 and 401 would be done first.  This will be a 4340 forged I beam rod with the good Wave-Loc ARP rod bolts.  The rods will be rated for 750-800 horseso they will be stronger than our stock forged rods.  Second would be the smaller displacement engine rods.  These could be done in the same forging as the 390/401 rods or a series 3 grade forging for a reduced price.  Either way, they will be much stronger than a stock cast rod.  Third would be the 68-69 390 rod in the 4340 I beam construction.   The price of these are going to be far less than what a set of custom rods for our engines cost.  Initial numbers might be around the $300 + or - mark.  As most of you know who have bought a set of 4340 forging rods ! with the good bolts know, this is a great price.  Less than what a set of small block Chevy rods of the same quality go for.  Now my question to all of you is, doyou have a need for new rods for our V-8s, should the smaller displacements engine use the same forging as the big engines or lower grade and how many of you would buy a set?   Please give me your feedback.  This is not a small undertaking so please be genuine in your interest.

Thanks,

nick.alfano@xxxx
Nick Alfano