360 Engine Take Down - Part 2 & Help Question

360 Engine Take Down - Part 2 & Help Question

Just got finished working on the 360 for today. I am happy to
announce that I now have a naked block!! All except for the oil stick
tunnel - how does that come off? It doesn't seem to be screwed in and
runs through the block on the side. (Not the oil screen part that
goes into the oil pan, but the small tube that the oil level check
stick fits in). Help me? Removed the timing chain, camshaft,
crankshaft, and motor mounts.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx>
wrote:
> I have posted a few photos of the 360 as I take it apart. Thanks for
> cleaning up my folder, Bart - I was going to do that today when I
> posted the new ones, exchanging new for old. Today, I have all the
> pistons out, the timing cover and oil pump removed, and am heading
> out again to work on dissembling the rest of the engine. Hopefully,
I can get the block and heads to the machine shop next week for
magnafluxing/analysis. Nice day here! -Lu-