Fabrication

I finally almost finished the tac bracket to mount it where the clock goes. It is made of 1/8" plexiglass and 1/16 X 3/4" aluminum. The plexiglass was used across the back of the tac and is shaped to go around the light socket and tac wiring in an "S" shape and is also drilled and bolted to the 2 tac mounting studs. The Z shaped legs are pop riveted to the plexiglass and on the other end I use the stock clock mounting screw holes to mount the bracket to the gauge panel. Total time from start to almost finish, 2 1/2 hours with a dremil to gently modify the back of the inst. panel so the tac bezel fits flush. 1 hour to make the plexiglass back part of the bracket. 4 hours yesterday to make the 2 "Z" brackets from cardboard templates and rivet them to the plexiglass. I just need to tweek the bracket a little and grind the edges smooth and paint it, maybe 1 more hour to complete it. Yes I know you won't be able to see it so why smooth it and paint it? I will know that's why, I guess it's that compulsive German gene in me that makes me do it. It would bother me if I didn't give it 110% even if nobody knew. I got to go to the doctors this morning and on the way out I will put the pass mirror on the new Hornet and use it for all my errands today. Later All.
"Doc"