Re: Window glass......

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> Yesterday, I contacted a rep from Pro Glass in Bristol, Ill. According to
> their web site, they have made Lexan windows for everything. The guy actually
> laughed a bit when I told him I was needing glass for my 72.
>
> He said if I shipped him my originals, they could provide me with exact
> replicas in Lexan and I would have the only set they ever produce for a Gremlin.
> Looks like they will cost around $700 (ouch) for both doors, both quarter
> windows and the rear hatch. I'll have to cut them down to size for the chopped top.
> There web site also mentioned a tint. I have requested a sample. I was hoping
> for a gray tint but I believe they only have gold.
>
> Now I need to box mine up to make sure they arrive unbroken.
>
> Rick

700$ may sound steep but it is also curved. Also how durable is Lexas scratch wise? The inner and outer window sweeps in the doors rub quit a bit on the glass as it goes up and down and may scratch the Lexan. I just installed new outer sweeps in both doors in the new Hornet and they are tight against the glass. You might concider this point and ask the people makeing the new Lexan windows for you. Just my 2 cents.
"Doc"