Re: Justin's "crazy" idea to install "real" AMX dash...measurements...

Re: Justin's "crazy" idea to install "real" AMX dash...measurements...

 Ok, just for fun, AND because I just HAPPEN to have
a '70 Javelin ( same as AMX pretty much ) dash frame
in my backyard, I can take measurements to compare it
to a Hornet / Gremlin dash frame. If someone has a 40
car dash already out ( Gremlin / Hornet / Spirit )
that they are willing to measure for us BAGers, I can
measure the '70 Javelin dash so we can see how it
compares to the small car dash. Wait a minute...I'll
just go out RIGHT NOW with my flashlight and measure
it now...hold on < heads outside > ....< 5 minutes
pass agonizingly >....Ok, I'm back. I measure
approximately 54.5 inches between the kickpanel / cowl
area mounting sides. Dash is approx. 11 inches deep at
the center, less at the sides.
This could be an interesting idea, as I've always
liked the AMX/GT concept car that had the AMX /
Javelin front end and a Gremlin rear body. So, we have
'70 Javelin dash measurement, next is the
Gremlin/Hornet dash...

Jerry Casper
WOodbridge, VA