Re: AMX posters in Cars & Parts

Oh by all means, please change the subject 'the mix'!!
:~))>

Thanks ya'll something I wish to also quickly point out about Cars & Parts
is that Bob Stevens the Editor, is a AMX fan and owns TWO of them, that is
why they are so 'AMC Friendly' hell, there are less than a handful of
national 'AMC Friendly' rags out there, and C&P is one of the best, along
with Old Cars Weekly, and of course Hemming's Muscle Machines. But I am a
longtime subscriber and advertiser to Cars & Parts, and have over a dozen
articles have done for them going back into late 1980s. Just a great mag for
old car fans. I'm extremely happy that Bob not only gave me a really nice
'plug' but also put a photo of the poster in color in there, have already
sold 4 just from that mag! I need to sell a total of 53 to 'break even' and
am happy to say more than 1/2 way there.

What happened with the other three AMX dealership Racing posters was one
early morning about 3am I got outbid by someone on ebay for a complete NOS
set of them. Boy that chapped my big burrito ass. Granted, I HAD two NOS
sets but wanted a third set, guess it is greed, but my $475.00 bid was NOT
ENOUGH, and I watched two others battle it out until auction was over and
$580/something was the final bid. I thought, hell, I have a great printer
fellow here in Houston I have used for two decades, so I sacrificed (rest in
peace) BOTH NOS sets of posters I had to get those done! Those sell for $14
each or all three for $39.95 + $6.50 ship in a shameless plug. There have
been some great write ups about those also in a wide variety of national
magazines as I used original 65 lb glasier paper, original cut lines, and
then had them digitally enhanced for maximum color and they turned out
awesome. That was two years ago and just last week, I celebrated as I sold
my 75th set and broke even! So that will free some moolah up for more
projects and stuff!

If anyone wishes to see any of the four posters, simply click on my website
below and they are on the front page, click on the photo and it will take
you to a larger photo of them. Or look thru my auctions on ebay.

Oh, back to Hemmings muscle, Richard Lenitiello is also a big AMC fan, and
well, Editor! So that is yet another win/win situation for **ALL** AMC fans,
and I highly suggest ya'll subscribe, and support, both magazines.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
www.planethoustonamx.com