Re: factory gauge pod, came in...

 AFAIK, they came in Gremlins, the AMX Hornet, and I
even saw one in a Pacer wagon once. I'd guess they
started around '77. My GT Gremlin is a '78. Have to
look thru old factory dealership brochures to check
for sure, but I KNOW those 3 models came with them, as
I've seen them in person in all 3. Not sure how long
that option lasted,though.

Jerry Casper