Side exit exhaust? & what size tube for 401?

Side exit exhaust? & what size tube for 401?

I pressume bigger is better but is 2" good enough for a 401 for each
bank?

I have a ton of 2" laying around and a crossover pipe. :) Think it
will hurt much?

Also is anyone running a side exit exhaust?

Im not looking for stock looking here. Im trying to do a period hop
up/mild custom.

Im not going crazy with it, just maybe doing some of the stuff to it
if it was the 70's all over again!!

Crap, I dont remember the 70's! :)