Re: Slowly Comeing Together

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> Please post a photo of this when you are done. I would love to see
> your artistry.
>
> > I was able to finish my Hornet Glove box emblem this morning useing
> a R/W/B AMC decal off a sheet from an extra Johan Rebel Machine model
> decal sheet a friend made me. I put the emblem on and after it I used
> rub on white letters to say "AMC Hornet Hatchback". It's bakeing
> right now in the dehydrator for 24 hours and then I will clear cote
> it and glue it to the glove box door sunday. It looks better than
> factory to me. > "Doc"

I will take pic's of all the finished interior parts before I install them and also a before and after of the old and new dash installed. I have the metal glove box door to strip yet. I will use Zip strip on it since it is metal and Zip strip will strip it faster than Castrol Super Clean. Zip strip will melt plastic. I have the plastic windshield window moldings out of a Gremlin that need a minor bit of repair work, I will paint them with SEM. I also have the 2 kick panels out of the same Gremlin that just need to be cleaned and I will give them a coat of SEM also just to make everything match. The only part of the original dash not fried by the sun's UV rays that I will use is the package tray. A good clean up and painted with some SEM to change it from tan to black and it will be good as new. I still have the 2 dash end caps to refinish, I got them out of the Gremin too and the cover that goes under the steering column that covers the 2 mounting bolts. I should have all the dash parts finished in 2-3 weeks. I am hopeing for the dash to me installed by the second week in April. The big pain on this interior job will be dyeing the headliner black as it is now tan. I think the best way to do it is to remove it. What a pain, I removed the one in my other Hornet when I welded in the cage not to damage it.
"Doc"