Re: Slowly Comeing Together

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc74hornet" <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
> Things are slowly comeing together. I just recieved conformation from Summit on shipment of the tac I ordered yesterday. Mark was nice enough to send me a glass for the broken mirror but unfortunately it is not the right one. I understand there is 3 different style mirrors. Somthing I did not know. He suggested I have a glass shop cut it down. I found a glass shop not far from where I live but they said if it broke when they were cutting it down it's not their fault, They did say that they could cut me a new one from mirror stock for 15$. I may just get 2 made just to have a spare. The 2 mirrors I got from Canada are chrome, which is in really good shape. The one on the car is painted, I prefer the painted one's but such is life I will put both chrome ones on.
> "Doc"

I was able to finish my Hornet Glove box emblem this morning useing a R/W/B AMC decal off a sheet from an extra Johan Rebel Machine model decal sheet a friend made me. I put the emblem on and after it I used rub on white letters to say "AMC Hornet Hatchback". It's bakeing right now in the dehydrator for 24 hours and then I will clear cote it and glue it to the glove box door sunday. It looks better than factory to me. Also it was made with materials I had so it didn't cost me anything. LOL I also found the proper looking stainless steel screws to mount the pass side mirror at the local hardware store this afternoon. Now to get the new glass next week and install it. Tomorrow it will be 50-55 degrees and I will install the chrome drivers side mirror and lay out the position of the pass side mirror. I need to hit the local Sears store and buy a new battery powered drill this comeing week as my 7 year old "El Cheapo" has bit the big one.
"Doc"