Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Down To The Small Dash Parts Now

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Down To The Small Dash Parts Now

Soc,
 If no one else has one for you I am 99 % sure I saw a glove box door with the hornet emblem on it at the AMC yard. He has a couple of shelfs of glove box doors and dash centers. I already got all the gremlin X ones :o)>
 Davis

amc74hornet <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
I'm down to doing the small dash parts now. I disassembled the ash tray so I could paint the face plate. I just drilled out 2 rivets and it came apart, I dropped the ashtray itself and the face plate in my 1 1/2 gallon jug of Castrol Super Clean. The CSC will strip off the paint from the face plate and hopefully just clean up the galvanized finish on the ash tray itself. I use CSC for stripping enamel paint off plastic and steel parts, but I don't know what it will do to galvanized type finishes. I guess I will find out today. I also have to make an emblem for the glove box door insert that used to have a glued in plate that said Hornet. Mine is missing. I'll just cut me a piece of sheet plastic from my model supply stock to fit, paint it and add an AMC decal enblem with some rub on letters spelling out Hornet also from my models supplys. Seal everything in with clear cote paint and glue it in. Only a purist wuld know what I did. I still have the metal glove box door and hinge to strip and paint. I checked my files and cant find the no# of the Auto Meter tac I used in the other car so I am takeing a stab at ordering the only one it could have been from Summit today.
"Doc"