Re: It's The Big One!!! Dash Help Needed

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> I'll try to get the dash and delete plate out as soon as I can. It's just a
> matter of finding a box big enough to safely pack the dash assembly. I'm sure
> you want it to get there in good condition as much as I do.
>
> My brothers, sister and I are closing on dads property next Monday. A local
> refinery is buying all the homes in the housing addition to increase their
> "buffer" zone. I hope to use my share of the money to finish the Gremlin and get
> it on the road. On the top of my want list will be glass for the windows. I'm
> thinking I can find someone to duplicate the shapes I need for the door glass,
> quarter windows and rear hatch with Lexan. There has to be a company out there
> somewhere that reproduces glass for race cars.
>
> I been eyeing an Offenhauser dual quad setup on E-Bay. This morning, the bid
> was up to $355 and the reserve has not been met. I'm not sure if I really want
> it though.......it's a want, not a need. (I wish someone had produced a
> tri-power intake. I've always liked multiple carbs) One thing I did get off E-Bay
> is a set of the interior door handle cups I've been looking for. I put the
> money order in the mail yesterday. Little by little, everything is coming
> together.
>
> The weather continues to be depressing with cold and rain here in southeast
> Texas. I can't paint anything with all the humidity and the cold keeps me out
> of the garage. If the weather is anywhere decent this weekend, I'll attempt to
> build me a mockup of a fuel tank from heavy cardboard. Then I can take it to a
> fab shop and have one welded up.
>
> Although my list of things to do is long, it's getting shorter.
>
> Ya'll have a good night.
>
> Rick

Thanks Rick I appreciate the Dash. No rush as I don't plan on installing the dash and assorted parts till sometime in the first 2 weeks in April. I still have parts to repair and refinish. Good deal on comeing into some extra money. I am in almost the same situation from the sale of my mothers house. I may see some money by june or july. I could use a new set of rear springs and shocks along with a brake job and a front end rebuild. I'll have to farm that out to my friend since I am no longer able to do that kind of work. Where are you mounting the gas tank you are going to have made? I assume since the car is tubbed it will be in the trunk area? The plexiglass windows would not be a problem if they were flat and not curved otherwise any plexiglass shop should be able to cut them. I don't want to throw a monkey wrench in the works but on the doors the raisng and lowering of the windows might scratch the glass on the window sweeps. The weather has been warming up here with most days in the high 30's to mid 40's. I hope an early spring comes soon.
"Doc"