Re: Lu's Used & Repo AMC Parts Salvage Inc.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> LOL! Doc you are about right! But I can't help myself...I see all
> these old AMC's in the yard and try to grab as much stuff as I can
> while they are there. And I don't mind sharing. I want to go back to
> the yard and get a few more interior plastic panels that need
> replacing in my car. I screwed the wing nut on top of the carbeurator
> so that it would not get lost, so it is included on your list,
> Santa! -Lu-
>
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc74hornet"
> <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
> > If you keep this up you are going you are going to have to get your
> own yard and start a mail order business LOL. All kidding aside I am
> sure everyone here like me appreciates your efforts to help us with
> the parts you have found for us since some of us like me here in the
> N.Y. area where I live haven't seen an AMC anything in a junk yard
> for many years. You forgot the air cleaner wing nut along with the
> carb, visors and shifter cover. I found out how to get the knob off
> the clock so I can remove it and then remove the lense so I can send
> it to you this spring when I assemble the new dash. Thanks.
> > "Doc"

Ho Ho Ho it's getting twards spring time and my 10"'s of beard will be cut down to look like the White House corrospondent on TV Wolf Blitzer and his to lazy to shave stubble beard shortly. I do this every spring to declare winter over. Due to almost no other than mechanical parts from the local auto parts store and what AMC only parts I have collected as spares for my original 74 Hornet there is almost nothing aroud here. I had a 3 spoke steering wheel I got from a friend in Alabama 2 years ago just to have. I got a nice inst. panel 1 1/2 years ago in Ct. at the AMO show swap meet and a black Horn button for the Alabama steering wheel in Ct. last summer from the same guy. All this before I even bought the car or even knew it would be for sale. I got parts from Rick in Texas for my dash, I got a hood latch from Canada, Mark sent me a mirror glass from Mn. I also picked up 2 small NOS interior parts from South Texas AMC. I got some nice plastic interio parts from a freind locally that parted out a Gremlin a while back. Without people like Lu and other AMC people my dash rebuild and the need for other parts would not be possible. Thanks everybody.
"Doc"