Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Worked on the 360 Today...

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Worked on the 360 Today...

Welcome to my world :o)>
 Davis

lumina333 <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
So nice here today (near 60, sunny). Removed the Power brake pump,
reservoir, & bracket (anyone interested?). Took off the valve
covers.....what a mess! The top of each head is covered with thick,
black goo. I scraped most of it off (actually, it was dried on, so it
kinda flaked off or came off in chunks). All but about 4-5 push rods
will move with pressure. Doused the spark plug holes with Blaster
again (bought a gallon can of it this time). Crankshaft is still
being stubborn - won't turn. Guess it is time to flip the engine over
and take off the oil pan. Better get the rubber 3/4 length gloves and
goggles ready for this task! (LOL) Noticed a neat little silver tag
screwed on the carbuerator with the AMC logo scribed on it, even
though 'Motorcraft' is cast on the unit. Read the Firing Order on the
top of the engine, looked at the '360' cast on the side....kinda neat
to me, seeing these things. -Lu-