Whats the deal with all the goofy idle pulleys on my fact v8?

Whats the deal with all the goofy idle pulleys on my fact v8?

Can I junk these and run what the 401 has on it? The pulleys are
shot and Im going to a delco alt. Plus my motorala braket is broken.

Is there a specific reason these are on here?

My cars fact a/c as well but could I just set up the front like say a
70's wagoneer with the delco setup. They dont run the idle pullys.